As we all know, exercise is important for physical and mental health, regular consistent exercise needs to be a lifestyle choice and must be continued for the rest of our lives. So when looking for a fitness center to join, we need to look for the best deals out there, I am going to help you find that deal and sort through the scams (or the mouse traps) some clubs use……
If you’re a newbie or even an advanced exerciser, getting the most bang for your buck is crucial. There is no denying that gym memberships can, in fact, be very pricey these days but if you follow these 4 tips that I am about to reveal to you, rest assured you can get a gym membership for the price of 2 lattes or 1 lunch. At such a great price, you will not even care if you only use it once or twice a month.
Without further ado, let’s dive right in:
- THE #1 SECRET IS: DON’T FALL FOR “The FREE 7 Day Trial” or any other TRIAL Memberships some gyms offer. That’s what’s called in the fitness industry “THE ULTIMATE MOUSE TRAP” This is a ploy to get you in the door because they don’t want to advertise their high monthly rates and then they pressure you for upgrades.
- Look for a Gym with amenities you will actually use. Gym’s that offer amenities such as; racquetball courts, pools, saunas, restaurants, basketball courts, steam rooms, massage and Jacuzzi, usually have a higher joining fee and monthly dues. All of these amenities will cost you top dollar but 90% of gym goers never use them but have to pay for them.
- Let’s be honest, all gyms whether big or small will have machine weights, free weights and cardio machines, but many gyms will begin to nickel and dime you when you want to add child care and group exercise classes to your membership. The best options for your wallet will be to find a gym that offers everything for one low rate.
- Since we established that fitness is something we need to do long term, the last tip is, look for a Gym that offers 24 or even 36 month term agreements that include all the amenities, like babysitting and classes for under $9 a month. Term agreements usually have a very low start up fee and low monthly dues like the examples below…
- BONUS TIP look for a medium size fitness center over a big box gym where you will feel welcome and have a sense of community.
Here are a few examples I found:
Fitness 2000 has 4 locations (only 3 miles apart) and if you are lucky to live near one, they offer $0 joining fee and monthly dues at only $8.88/month, that includes fitness, group exercise and child care for the one low rate. Best of all, you can use all 4 locations for no additional charge, that’s like having 4 gym memberships for only $8.88 per month. I have to warn you, specials like these don’t come every day. If you are in the market for a gym membership in these areas, don’t hesitate to take action. Check them out Here.
Cross Town Fitness in Chicago, IL offers fitness, group exercise and child care with everything included for $79 joining fee and $9/month. Join By phone 312-550-1063
Roswell Fitness in Roswell, New Mexico. $89 joining fee and $8.99/month includes group classes and child care. Join by phone (575) 755-3310